CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Banana Pudding

This is likely my most requested recipe.

I make it for family gatherings and holidays.

Ingredients:
1 (14-ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 (4-serving) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups whipping cream (a tub of Cool Whip)
2 packs of Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies
3 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice

1. In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix (do not make pudding); beat until well blended. Chill 5 minutes.

2. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon in enough to cover the bottom of the big bowl.
3. Top with Chessmen cookies and then bananas and then more pudding. Keep going until all pudding mix is gone. Chill thoroughly.
4. ENJOY GREATLY!! Store leftovers in the fridge (don't worry they won't be there for long).


13 comments:

Jessica said...

The actual recipe (which was MINE before it was Mary's) also contains one package of cream cheese.

It is MUCH better with the cream cheese!!

MSM said...

This is not your recipe. It is a totally different one. I made cause it looked good, not because of you!

Jessica said...

LIES AND SLANDER!

MSM said...

Let's discuss this further over a bowl of banana pudding....

Mary said...

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuSu said...

I love the sisters are debating whose recipe it is!! Do the cookies really make that much of a difference? I had never seen those in the store until the other day. I guess I'll have to try it so I can make the best banana pudding ever.

Mary said...

The cookies make a big difference. They get softer than vanilla wafers and they look better. Maybe the next time I spend the night Jessica and I can make dinner and dessert! :)

SuSu said...

You're on! Maybe we'll cook the poppy seed chicken or chicken spaghetti and you girls can make the banana pudding for dessert. That sounds great. I'll even do the clean up...assuming y'all don't make too big a mess.

Mary said...

I'm putting in a request for the chicken spaghetti so I that I will be able to make that also.

Unknown said...

Check your calendar and you and Jess can get together one Tuesday night. We'll fix chicken spaghetti and banana pudding. Sounds good!!

Unknown said...

These pics must mean you've made another pudding recently. Don't get burned out before Tuesday. I'll get the ingredients and be ready for you. Remember, chicken spaghetti and banana pudding.

Unknown said...

I was just writing down the ingredients for the store and thought it really sounded like my recipe. I found mine and the differences are...I use vanilla wafers, a family size box of pudding and 3 cups of milk. Does yours not use milk?

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Very Pretty! LOL, what's all the arguing going on.